sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj One Deep Breath

One Deep Breath

Letting go; it's a beautiful thing.  And yes, one that is so hard to do for all humans.  Whether it is the unjustified comments at work, misunderstood jokes from your spouse, or misinterpreted glances;  they hurt, fester and boil, until they become so all consuming that all rational thought disappears.

In the last year, I have learned how to better let go.  I knew that I could not carry these thoughts, these all-consuming hurts that led to nowhere but self-doubt and loathing.  I didn't have a hallelujah moment, just realized that those people whose words I held on to so tightly as commissaries of my self-inflicted torture, had long since moved on from me.  And so now I choose to move on from them as well.

It has become sort of a life philosophy now, this letting go.  I have to remind myself, allow myself to fester, and then breathe.  With that breath I push it all out and refuse to let it pull me down farther.  With that breath I put up my wall, say no more, and then realize all of the beauty I have in my life.  With that breath I continue living a better life, vowing to not be one of those whose words hurt.

Now, if only I could stop carrying grudges.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...