sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj I Am a Teacher

I Am a Teacher

I am a teacher.  I have been ever since I realized that this was my life's calling, my passion unfolded, my dream in life.  I don't become a teacher when I show up at school at 7 AM and then turn it off when I leave hours after my contract time ends.  I am a teacher every minute of the day, every day of the year, with every breath I take.

I am passionate about teaching.  I spend hours every day at home thinking of how I can reach my children better (the students are all my children), how I can make their day better, how I can enrichen their lives.  I discuss, reflect, and I dream bigger, better, and more every day.  I lead, I comfort, I support, and I dare to believe in all of my students and what they can offer to the world.

I love my students.  I ride with them through their journeys in life; when they celebrate I cheer with them, when they grieve, I cry with them.  But more importantly, I teach them.  Every day they show up to school and even if they don't, I always continue teaching.  I see my job as an honor, as something only a select few do really well.  My job is not just a job, it is who I am.

Teachers are not made in college, they become them in the classroom.  Teachers reach out to anyone that enters their worlds, and they impact every single aspect of this American life.  Support them, cherish them, and right now, fight for them and their rights.  We are here to help America succeed and grow, not to take the blame.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...