sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj I am Sorry Mr. Governor

I am Sorry Mr. Governor

I am sorry Mr. Govenor but those things you say I do every day are simply not true.  That bashing and gnashing I do of my teeth simply doesn't happen.  Those kids I fail, those initiatives I ignore, yeah that doesn't happen either.  I am sorry Mr. Govenor but when you say you are fixing education I only have to laugh.  Which classrooms have you been in where you could see a benefit from removing the voice of the teachers and the students?  What classrom have you been too that would do better with just a few more students added?  Which room have you sat in where the teacher has spread their "thuggery," their political rhetoric, or simply has not worked hard?  You haven't been in mine, that I know for sure. 

So I am sorry Mr. Governor, I hate to disappoint, I know you would like me to be a union thug, I know you would really like me to be a "bad" teacher so that I may be fixed.  I know you would like to blame the troubles of Wisconsin on me and my actions, but I will not stand for it.  I will not sink to your expected level, I will not politicize my classroom, I will not preach to my students about the wrongs of the government, but instead teach them about democracy; the history of Wisconsin, and how we fought to set up a state that heard all of its people. All of its people.  Not just the rich or those in power at the moment.  All of its people, the minorities, the laypeople, and yes, even the unionists.  So please stop with your mudslinging and your "saving."  Please stop with your demoralizing demeanor and your fancy ideas of how to save education in our proud state.  Please stop with your talk of shared sacrifice since all of the people of Wisconsin have done nothing but sacrifice for the last many years.  So Mr. Governor, once more I apologize for not making your job any easier.  For not painting a larger bulls-eye on my back, for not stooping to a level where I deserve to be called an enemy, a thug, and a horrible person.  Your mission would have been much easier if I did.


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...