sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj Ask the Children - Reform Symposium 2011

Ask the Children - Reform Symposium 2011

I wanted my students to blog because I wanted them to create an online portfoloio.  Little did I know that in doing so our whole classroom would change, our world viw would be affected and even the most reluctant writers would beg me to not delete their blogs.  Yeah, when I say blogging changed my life, I am not exaggerating.

So this Saturday at the Reform Symposium I am excited to share the story of my classroom and how blogging changed our world.  I have written about this with my students throughout the year but never presented on it before, now is the time to inspire others to take the leap and make it meaningful.  Blogging became such a vital part of me stepping away from the center of the classroom and allowing the students to express themselves honestly, frequently, and easily that I could never see removing it from my curriculum.

We say we want to give the children a voice; blogging does that for us.  We say we want to hear their thoughts, blogging does that for us.  We say we want to grow as educators, well, ask the children.  They will tell you what you are doing wrong and what they love.  So ask them but do it right and join me on Saturday July 30th 7 PM CST to engage in  a conversation about how blogging can change us all.




Enhanced by Zemanta
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...