sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj Is Blogging Worth Our Time?

Is Blogging Worth Our Time?

In June 2010 I started to blog, a journey I will not bore you with here.  Since then I have updated my blog, now blogs, almost on a daily basis, letting my thoughts, mistakes and achievements flow freely.  Most of it here has been education related with snippets of my personal life shining through.  The change in my life has been dramatic from the smallest things such as constantly thinking about whether I can blog about something or not, to large things like the time I have dedicated (thus losing it other places), the connections I have made, the conversations I have been engaged in and even the criticism I have faced from strangers and friends alike.  So I wonder whether it is worth it?

Is blogging and baring your soul really worth it to anyone?  Can we outweigh the negatives, the backlashes we may create in our professional lives all in the name of transparency?  Can we say the time spent blogging has been worth it when I look at my daughter and see how she seems to be growing in front of me?  The self-doubt created on whether I made my mind clear or if I just said something I shouldn't have?  The scrutiny faced by others when we put it all out there?  Is it all worth it?

I started to blog because I needed to reflect on my journey as a changing educator, I blog now to keep myself honest, to reach others, to connect, and to perhaps change education.  But am I really doing that? Is my investment worth it?  Or are the goals too lofty? Can we really change education by blogging about it?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...