sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj We Don't Need Any More" How To Cope With Homework Lists" - What We Need Is a Debate!

We Don't Need Any More" How To Cope With Homework Lists" - What We Need Is a Debate!

Summer is coming and with that an onslaught of parenting magazines on how we can help our children cope with homework.  Cope - what an interesting word when combined with homework.  I know when I assigned homework regularly I thought I was adding to my students' educational experience.  I thought I was deepening their thinking, to perhaps help them, teach them, deepen their knowledge.  Instead, it appears, I was merely helping them develop coping with a necessary evil. I was setting them up for whatever adult job that requires homework, I am still looking for this one,.

So, parenting magazine, how about an article on why homework should be revisited, why the whole merit of homework is diminishing and why homework really doesn't need to be assigned.  How about giving parents a resource to start the conversation, the discussion that should be happening at all schools, particularly primary ones, about why homework can be outlawed.  How we can still teach students time management, perseverance, and study skills without homework?  Who will publish that article?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...