sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj My Kids Say Goodbye

My Kids Say Goodbye

We have committees at the end of the year and we always give thanks to all of those who have helped us have a successful year.  So a group of kids spearhead thank you letters; they have everyone write them, they gather them, bind them and present them.  This year though they presented one to me as well; a complete surprise and one that has left me a little teary eyed.  So what were some favorite comments?
  • I like it a lot because you are not strict but don't let kids fool around like my bus driver.
  • I sometimes have been thinking I did bad but you made me feel much better.
  • My family and I will miss you...I babysit.
  • The most interesting part of my blogging experience was that people on the other side of the Earth ask questions that people in America think everyone must know the answer [to].
  • Thank you for not trying to bore us in class...
  • Thank you for criticizing me but not being mean about it.
  • You have inspired me to want to become a teacher.
  • You cared about the class and what we wanted...
  • Thank you for helping and believing in me...
  • I will miss you the most
And so that's why I teach...

May your final days with your students be filled with stories and laughter, and perhaps a tear shed in private or public. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...