sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj My Other Baby - The Global Read Aloud Project

My Other Baby - The Global Read Aloud Project

Last year I had an idea, a simple one really; connect classrooms across the globe by sharing a read aloud.  I thought aloud on Twitter, got positive feedback, and "poof" The Global Read Aloud project was born.  Come September when more than 50 classrooms around the world had signed up, I had no clue what to expect, but I was ready with my copy of "The Little Prince" which had been chosen.  And I was not disappointed, for 4 weeks I got to share an incredible book not just with my students but students in other places.  We blogged about it, talked about it, Skyped about it and just overall connected with others.  The coolest thing was definitely when my kids told me how they couldn't believe other kids were reading the same book as them - mission accomplished.

This year it is back and better than before.  On September 14th I am excited to kick off the 2nd annual Global Read Aloud with more than 100 participating classrooms signed up so far.  This year promises to bring some of the same and something different.  A huge difference is that there will be two books this year; one geared for older students (Tuck Everlasting) and one for younger kids (book yet to be determined).  I have also opened it up to more collaborators and co-authors as well as set up a Google group for us to connect.  It will be more streamlined and easier to participate for everyone and I will have an easier time keeping my cool.  But what stays is the same is the purpose; the connection.  I don't care how much participants get involved, I just want them to have a venue for reaching out to others to share this experience with.  So please consider joining us as we venture into another try, check it out, spread the word, let me know if you have any questions.  We would love for you to join us as we connect the world through one book.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...