sh.st/tVdGD sh.st/tCXMj Why I am Not Going to Win an Eddie - And I am Ok With That

Why I am Not Going to Win an Eddie - And I am Ok With That


Ahh the Edublog Awards, affectionately known as the Eddies, are upon us and with that comes all the "Vote for me!" tweets and posts as well as the misgivings people have about awards.  And boy does that get boring after a while.  But let's be real here for a second, it is nice to be recognized by someone that your blog is worthwhile.  In fact, it is really nice.  I was lucky enough to be nominated in 3 different categories, all new to me, and all way out of my league.  Most influential post...did you see who I am in company with?  So that is why I am certain I will not win, and I am ok with that.

The thing is, I am still fairly new to this blogging world.  I started 1 1/2 years ago not intending to write to anyone but just as a matter of reflection for myself as I changed my teaching dramatically.  In that time I have shared many personal stories as well about losing a pet, various competitions, and even the heartbreak of losing a pregnancy.  This blog has morphed into a true reflection of my life, my dreams, and my fight for students first in education.  And for that I am proud.  I look at some of the contenders in the awards and I realize that I have far to go, many miles to walk and mountains to climb before I reach their level.  It simply is not my time.

So if you stumble upon the EduBlog Awards take some time to read the other people.  Discover new blogs if you feel like it and weigh their contribution.  Don't worry about how long they have been blogging but rather whether or not you have been moved by their writing.   Worry about whether it speaks to your heart, or whether it changes your mind.  Then vote for them or maybe don't even vote but add them to your reader.  Celebrate the diversity of the voices out there and know that being nominated is indeed an honor, but not a necessity to be a great blogger.  My biggest prize from blogging are the connections I make, the comments I get, the ways I am challenged through  discussion.  I win that every week, and that I am ok with.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...